How to install a dishwasher

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by delstar, Jun 15, 2014.

1. delstar

delstar New Member

Hi.
    I just bought Miele w3037 and want to use it today but don't know what is the best way to connect it. I want to connect to the faucet hot and cold water shutoff valve. I know there is something like i can connect faucet hose and washer intake hose to the shutoff valve and use faucet and washer at same time. My friend plumber told me about it but i dont know how to find it what what is this. There is many things around. Do you know what i suppose to buy?

Now my shutoff valve is regular 3/4 to 1/2 hose It look like this one http://goo.gl/Y7QLDo

How to connect washer to this valve ?
  2. dj2

dj2 Member

Most places which sell appliances offer installation. Why didn't you order installation?

Reading you post, it looks like you would fare better hiring a plumber to do the job. Seriously.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Most dishwashers connect with a 3/8" x 3/8" comp supply line and a dishwasher 90.
    Length is about five feet.
    You will also need to connect the drain.

[​IMG]

This dishwasher drains to the disposal.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Many dishwashers now come with a hose thread on the valve and few of them furnish the adapter to connect to a 3/8" hose. In this case, however he states that he has 3/4 to 1/2 hose, but shows a 1/2 x 3/8 angle stop. If we knew what he was working with we might be able to help with the water connection, but he would still have to figure out how to drain it.