how to insert a charcole filter on vent pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Rickhise

Reaction score
Our House boat has a 2-4 inch pvc, vent pipe going to a through the hull opening. This vent is below the cabin structure, so every time the commode is flushed those holding tank gases are vented, (horrible odor) Id like to install an inline home made charcoal made filter, my question is about how to splicing into the present pvc vent line. My present pipe has no play in it, tips on the easiest way I can hook into it.

I assume my canister I install would have a fitting much like a garden hose, where I can change it out, just not sure how to get my solid mounted existing vent line line to give me the movement I need to insert the canister, excuse my poor wording thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Any one you're likely to find will probably have too much restriction to work well. Why not just run the pipe up above the roofline like most vents are? That normally works fine.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If your vent is 2" -4" your canister will NOT have a "garden hose" fitting. Get a "commercially made" one that attaches to the top of the vent pipe.

Rickhise

Reaction score
top of vent

If your vent is 2" -4" your canister will NOT have a "garden hose" fitting. Get a "commercially made" one that attaches to the top of the vent pipe.

Not sure what you mean by top of vent ? thanks.

The vent pipe running from the holding tank is more like a 2 inch pvc pipe that goes to an "through the hull fitting".,

I was hoping there might be away to remove about 15 inch's of the 2 inch existing pvc and replace that with homemade filtering system , would there be a flex fitting, of a sort that would allow me threaded ends to remove they filter an replace the charcoal, thanks again

Rickhise

Reaction score
just thought I can get those coupler that use a rubber connector with the hose type clamps bands u tighten that should give me the play I need

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks