How to get a slight angle on PVC line.

Users who are viewing this thread

ourzoo

Reaction score
I'm probably over thinking this but I have to ask.

I'm replacing a 1 1/2" galvanized bathtub drain line as part of a bathroom re-build. The old line was about 16" long and had three 22 1/2 degree elbows, making a zig-zag assembly to raise the pipe level about 1". Mighty strange and a great hair trap.. for years. The new tub trap and galvanized end point I'll be tying into are in-line, but I need to raise the trap side of the line a minimum of 3/4" (over 16") for the trap to fit in the floor joist space under the tub. I can't buy two 5 degree elbow. Can I just solvent weld the ends in-line and bow the PVC pipe to pull the trap into place? Seems with 1 1/2" pipe over this short distance, and one end tied into the existing galvanized drain line system, I'll really be stressing the connection to the fitting. But again, maybe I'm over-analyzing this.

Thanks.
r/Tom

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks