How to connect Water Softener and GAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

inpetrov

Reaction score
I am planing to install Clack Water Softener and Clack GAC with KDF55 media. I am either going to have it install by local vendor who probably knows how or DIY. However if I do it, I am not sure if the water should flow thru the GAC first and then WS or other way around. Would appreciate you help.

inpetrov

Reaction score
@Reach4 thanks for the quick answer. Last question, Do you usually setup the filter as metered (on demand) or timer? I want to make sure I order the right Clack head. For WS I have to go with on demand (metered) system.

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a pro, but my backwashing filter (catalytic Centaur carbon) uses time. The installer said that was better for the application, but I wonder if that was influenced by the controller being cheaper that way.

I would expect an electronic metered controller to have a "Day Override" -- at least the Fleck electronic controllers do. That allows setting a maximum number of days between regens even if there has been no usage measured. I don't know about the Clack WS.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks