How to clean cast iron sink (scratches and stains)

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by defriend, Mar 14, 2008.

1. defriend

defriend New Member

Hi,

I have a Kohler double bowl (11" deep) cast iron sink that has some stains and scratches (in the bowl and some on the rim). Is there a way to fix this? Polish ??

Regards
    Nick :confused:
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

sink

No. Once the finish is damaged it it permanent, unless you have a refinishing company repair it, but for a sink the cost is usually more than a new sink would run.
  3. maenos

maenos New Member

I've found Brasso works great on stainless steal appliances, including sinks - removed a nasty patch of scratches no problem. Not sure if it'd work on cast iron. Picked mine up at Home Depot.