How to align "fixed left edge" on RainBird 42 SA rotors?

Users who are viewing this thread

fishkiller

Reaction score
What's the best way to get the "fixed left edge" on these rotors to line up with my property line? For instance, if my desired position is 12:00 and the rotor's left edge points to 9:00, should I back off the rotor 3/4 of a turn, or really (cross my fingers and) torque it down another 1/4 of a turn? All of my fittings are plastic, and I've already broken off 1. Or am I missing something all together?

fish

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Plastic to plastic needs to be only hand tight in most situations. Possibly 1/2 turn with wrench. If you follow that rule, you can get away with turning further in to the correct position.

Loosening a connection possibly allows for a leak, but the pressure on sprinkler fittings is low, and not usually a problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks