How much "out-of-square" is OK?

Users who are viewing this thread

SH140

Reaction score
DSCF0011.jpgDSCF00023.jpgDSCF00024.jpgDSCF00025.jpgDSCF00026.jpgTear-out is complete, and I am checking for square and level. Everything looks pretty good except one corner (wall to wall) is about 1/8" out of square. (checked with a 16" x 24" carpenter's square). How perfect does it have to be before installing tub?

Also, are there any tricks to use when moving tub in and out of bathroom for install when space is tight? Bathroom is rectangular and about 60 1/4" wide (if I remove the sheetrock), tub is 60". Door is on the same wall as the foot (opposite of drain) of the tub, and about 5 feet away. I was thinking I'd come thru doorway with tub on it's back, (face up) then tip it rightside up and slide it into position on a couple of 2x4's under it. I will probably be doing this by myself and don't want to damage tub.

Can one person position an acrylic tub (75#) into place on top of mortar bed? How and where do you hold tub during this process? :confused:

Any other tips you have for this stage of the remodel are much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks