How many whole house water filters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
How many water filters are enough for one home? This home is on city water, and uses ten whole house filters. The water going into the home is the same water that the local Coca Cola plant is using and selling.

horvitz_1.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Unless they are in parallel or on separate systems, they are no more effective than the first one in line. Once it is filled, none of the others will work, and if they are as efficient as possible, the first one should trap the "debris". I guess "someone" really knows how to sell whole house filters.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
People are funny. Looks like a grand champion milk cow from outer space.
There's too much filter, and then there's not enough filter sometimes. Did some work for a regular customer one time and she wanted me to replace the filter on the whole house unit that I'd installed a year before. I shut down the water and got out the free badminton racquet that comes with it and removed the basin part. Looked inside; no filter. Best thing to do when you've done something stupid is of course, do something else stupid. I told on myself. Haven't heard from them in a long time.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Fullysprinklered

They're either really happy or seriously ticked off.

Not long ago I installed a filter with a 3 valve bypass. I opened the valves, checked for leaks and went to the kitchen to check the flow. Imagine my surprise when there was no water! Seems I had left the cellophane wrapper on the filter cartridge....

Defication happens

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
People are funny. Looks like a grand champion milk cow from outer space.
There's too much filter, and then there's not enough filter sometimes. Did some work for a regular customer one time and she wanted me to replace the filter on the whole house unit that I'd installed a year before. I shut down the water and got out the free badminton racquet that comes with it and removed the basin part. Looked inside; no filter. Best thing to do when you've done something stupid is of course, do something else stupid. I told on myself. Haven't heard from them in a long time.

That is too funny. This would not be who you would want to tell a story like that to. Filter people are very serious about these things. I sometimes wonder about all the stuff I'm working with. I'm so glad we got rid of lead in our solder. I worry about what is in our flux. Sometimes I go to a job and the painters are wearing dust masks. Yikes!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks