How long for Ian's corner with no Ian?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
It wasn't long. But, if he disappears again, I got first dibbs, " Cookies Korner."

There will be rules for Ian. :)

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
What rules?

The only rule in Ian's corner is that Cookie is banned.

But she doesn't obey the rule.

Pipehacker

Reaction score
If you ban the Cookie, you must ban Bob, too. :)

Why can't I be banned too? I feel like a journalist who was slighted because he was left off Nixon's enemies list. And what about Ballvalve?-he and his sausage have got to go.

Cookie

Reaction score
Ban us all! LOL. :)
I promised my husband on our wedding day that I lied... when it came to that part... where I was supposed to obey. He knew it, and I knew it, the priest knew it, my dad knew it.

God knew it.

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Why can't I be banned too? I feel like a journalist who was slighted because he was left off Nixon's enemies list. And what about Ballvalve?-he and his sausage have got to go.
Can you imagine Ian asking to see ballvalve's sausage?

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Cookie is banned. And Bob.

Now where are the Moderator settings for Ian's corner?

And if two men can't exchange views on the merits of a bit of old sausage in the basement, then I don't know what America has come to.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
That's taken care of it.

Harmony has been restored to the corner.

Cookie

Reaction score
You banned the nice little donkey? LOL.... LOTW wants banned too!

anyone else? :)

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Cookie is banned. And Bob.

Now where are the Moderator settings for Ian's corner?

And if two men can't exchange views on the merits of a bit of old sausage in the basement, then I don't know what America has come to.

Thanks, but thats the kitchen where it started. I cant get the cellar photos reduced enough to load. And the georgeous hog that provided it is stuck too. Why pay 25$ a pound for that tasteless "Copocola" in the store when you have those winter nights to tinker with bladders and cow bungs? Its also a tribute to my Slovak grandfather, the butcher, whose string provided all the ties. Imagine when they made REAL cotton string that lasted 75 years.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yuck!
Okay, I remember going to a dance with a friend from Czech Republic, and tried some of that food. I think I know what Ballvalve is talking about, a little.
They also played a lot of music from the Beatles.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
This is more on the French and Italian side of dried sausage. Its Raw meat, frozen to -10' F to kill pathogens and worms, and then cut into pieces and rolled in spices and cure and pressed for a month under a big rock in the fridge to dry it out.

Stuff into bungs or large casings or stomachs, roll in salt and spices and hang for 3 months to 2 years. When the power goes out, having this skill can be a real lifesaver. Slabs of fat treated this way can last 3 or more years. Got the English to the Arctic in the 1600's.

But the English all got scurvy and my grandfathers died of Colon cancer, but they waited about 80 years to do it. Moderation, paper thin slices, and some parsley to wash it down helps. They didnt sell fresh parsley and lettuce in the 1920's and 50's in the winter. Maybe the cabbage saved them.

Cookie

Reaction score
Hello there ballvalve,

I am not posting in Ia's Corner any longer as you will see, but, he is also, banned from posting in mine. Mine are the 3 I cited earlier.

Have a nice day.
Cookie :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks