How long can toilet vent be?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by jephph, Jul 26, 2012.

1. jephph

jephph New Member

I need to vent my toilet drain pipe. I would like to run it out the side of my house, which is about a 30ft run. Would that work?
  2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

As long as it doesn't run horizontal below the flood rim of the fixture.

John
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

AFTER you run it out the side of the house, you still have to run it up the side of the building to the roof line or above it.
  4. jephph

jephph New Member

I was going to run it horizontal below the toilet. Since that is out of the question, I'll have to go through the wall. What is the maximum angle I can have on it before it gets above the flood rim? Can I put 45s on it?
  5. jephph

jephph New Member

Anyone? There is already a 3" pipe running vertically off the drain pipe, but it's a few feet from the wall. If I'm going to go through the wall, I'm going to have to go diagonally first. Can I run a 45 off that pipe, then another 45 to get it back to vertical?