How hard is it to replace the resin in a Water Boss 700 series water softener?

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by yeto, Apr 2, 2014.

1. yeto

yeto New Member

How hard is it to replace the resin in a Water Boss 700 series water softener?

Thank you in advance for any help,
    yeto
  2. nhmaster3015

nhmaster3015 Master Plumber

Shut off water
    De-pressurize system
    Remove piping
    Unplug head
    Spin head off
    Lay tank on side
    Flush resin out with garden hose
    Clean up the god awful mess you just made in your drive way
  3. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

With the WaterBoss, I would not lay it on it's side. This is a tank in tank system. You may end up getting resin the the brine tank or causing the media tank to get out of place. I suggust using a shop vac. If you do not have a shop vac, you will need to remove the media tank from the brine tank then lay it on it's side and pour the resin out.
  4. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

I assumed he would take the media tank out of the brine tank........but then, maybe not LOL. I haven't had good luck with the vacuum method. It always leaves enough rain in the tank that I have to flush it anyway.
  5. yeto

yeto New Member

Is it hard to remove the media tank? Is there somewhere I can download instructions?

6. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

7. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Don't tell me that. I have to replace the resin in a WaterBoss as soon as the parts come in. Well....not me....my service tech does. LOL Better him than me. He's still learning.