How hard is it to replace the resin in a Water Boss 700 series water softener?

Users who are viewing this thread

yeto

Reaction score
How hard is it to replace the resin in a Water Boss 700 series water softener?

Thank you in advance for any help,
yeto

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Shut off water
De-pressurize system
Remove piping
Unplug head
Spin head off
Lay tank on side
Flush resin out with garden hose
Clean up the god awful mess you just made in your drive way

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
With the WaterBoss, I would not lay it on it's side. This is a tank in tank system. You may end up getting resin the the brine tank or causing the media tank to get out of place. I suggust using a shop vac. If you do not have a shop vac, you will need to remove the media tank from the brine tank then lay it on it's side and pour the resin out.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
With the WaterBoss, I would not lay it on it's side. This is a tank in tank system. You may end up getting resin the the brine tank or causing the media tank to get out of place. I suggust using a shop vac. If you do not have a shop vac, you will need to remove the media tank from the brine tank then lay it on it's side and pour the resin out.

I assumed he would take the media tank out of the brine tank........but then, maybe not LOL. I haven't had good luck with the vacuum method. It always leaves enough rain in the tank that I have to flush it anyway.

yeto

Reaction score
Is it hard to remove the media tank? Is there somewhere I can download instructions?

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I haven't had good luck with the vacuum method. It always leaves enough rain in the tank that I have to flush it anyway.
Don't tell me that. I have to replace the resin in a WaterBoss as soon as the parts come in. Well....not me....my service tech does. LOL Better him than me. He's still learning.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks