How do I replace an air handler drain pan ?

Users who are viewing this thread

clocert

Reaction score
So My drain pan under the air handler is all rusted due to leaks before. I want to replace it with a new one. but how do I do it ? The air handler is heavy, and it is connected with pipes and ducts. no matter which way I look at it, it is not a easy job, at least not for me. Wonder if any one did this before or has any suggestions ? Thanks.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
It should come out in a reverse order it went in.

Too complicated? Call a tech.

Worry about the labor charge? DIY.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Lift airhandler just enough to slide old pan out, and slide new pan in. Mine is in the attic - I fastened 4 cables with turnbuckles to the AH, and slowly cranked it up. Ductwork creaked and groaned, but nothing broke. Alternative might be to fabricate a new pan to fit inside the old one and slide it in. Replace them both when you replace the airhandler. Got a picture?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks