How do I remove this shower drain cover?

Users who are viewing this thread

gmc2287

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My wife and I bought a house recently, and it's time to clean out the drain in our shower. Except when I went to looked at it, I realized I have no idea how to get it off. It looks like it might have been grouted (or maybe cemented) in? Any help would be appreciated!

71831837560__6F5EB026-8635-41DC-8E5F-6D1BB753539E.jpg

A.P. Tile guy

Reaction score
cut around it with a razor and pry it up. then buy some grout., but don't cut into the liner around the drain ( it's usually 2 inches from the surface , under a later of deck mud.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
i dont get that design? it should snap inside a frame the like a round one does the edge of the grate shouldnt be against grout. but it is what it is I think something amis or its just barely beneath the grout in which case perfectly normal.
On a hot mop or liner . Ill set grate most times. after finish remove grate remove my drain plug or cookie and re install grate. looks like the tile guy was the last one to touch it as Breplum observed

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks