How do I remove the brine piston assembly at the control head of a Fleck 2510?

Users who are viewing this thread

Biddle

Reaction score
Need a bit of help. The brine piston in my Fleck 2510 control head is stuck and won't move in or out. Is there any way to free it or should I replace the brine assembly? The piston is gray plastic and the assembly that it fits in is brass. If I need to replace it, can you tell me how to remove the assembly? The brass assembly appears to have shoulders for a wrench. Do I put a wrench on it and unscrew it to get it off? I don't want to force it and break something. Thanks for your help.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Undo the back nuts on the gray tube on the back side of the brine piston assembly along with the brass nut up on the injector block.
With the gray tube out of the way then there in front behind the brine cam if you unscrew that plastic part with the holes the or what they call brine valve stem guide..
The brine assembly will then come out of the back plate of the system.

Biddle

Reaction score
Not following you - we may be speaking about a different model

There are no back nuts on the gray tube on the back side of the piston assembly. I don't know what you are referring to as an "injector block". The gray piston is encased in a brass assembly. I think we must be talking about something different. Tomorrow when I get home from work, I'll take a photo of the piston and brass assembly and post it. Thanks for your patience. I appreciate your help.

Biddle

Reaction score
Must have been spacy yesterday. I looked at the control head today and understood exactly what you were telling me. I removed the brine piston assembly and am soaking it in Iron Out to see if I can free up the piston. What is the brine piston assembly actually called so I can look for it on the internet or ask for it at a plumbing supply store? Thanks.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
You most likely will not find it at a plumbing supply store, there is either the place that you bought it from or there is one web site that has fleck parts.

Do a search for Softener Parts . com..
and then look under the fleck parts and find the brine assembly that looks like yours.

The 1600 brine system is brass while the 1650 is the plastic brine assembly system.

If it is the plastic their part number is 3460011

Biddle

Reaction score
It's brass. I have another water softener setup that's plastic. Do recommend plastic or brass? Thanks.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Both are good, I have units that have the brass and then there are others that are the plastic.... can not say really which is better...
The plastic is 1650 while the brass is 1600 and the site that I spoke of looks to have both, I just checked and seen the brass one..
They both take the same piston and spring and end clip, it is the body and ends that are either brass or plastic.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks