How Do I Remove Accor Plastic Push-Pull Supply Valves?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Alkraut, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Alkraut

Alkraut New Member

Hello,
    I am a handy guy who has done quite a bit of "amateur" plumbing and repairs.
    I am replacing the dishwasher in our 9year old home and the shut-offs are those nasty Accor plastic push-pull valves with the supply hose attached. The feeds are cpvc and I would like to replace the one for the dishwasher (and eventually all) with Sharkbite angle valves and metal braid supply lines. I do not want to score the cpvc by turning and yanking. I think I might be able to remove the Accor valve by using a rotating tubing cutter in the smooth section and then use end-cutters on the internal pieces. Does anyone have another method that you can share? Thanks for your advice.
  2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

If you have that much tubing sticking out of the wall, just cut it off with a mini hacksaw or hacksaw blade.