How do I remove a leaded in drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pktaske

Reaction score
I've got some pics here and an explanation of the problem. My Kerdi drain wont go over the brass(?) fitting and is leaded in. When I started chipping around it, I encountered weird fiberous concrete. I worried is asbestoes although its most likely a fiberous form pipe that they put down before pouring the slab...right?

Even if I end up chipping down about 3 inches, how am I going to get this fitting out of the cast iron? Thanks...

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1137018#post1137018

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I've not seen a drain like that, but if it is leaded in you will need to get a torch to heat the joint from the inside to melt the lead. The bigger problem is THEN what are you going to do to get it back to 2" pvc?

I cannot see what the dimensions of things are there, but me thinks you are going to have to break the floor to install a new trap and riser on the drain pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks