How do I rebed my culligan filter?

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Shelley, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Shelley

Shelley New Member

I have a culligan system. We have hydrogen peroxide to comabat sulpher water. We were told we needed to have our filter rebeded. Is there any way to do this ourselves?
  2. why waste the time??

if it is a culligan, I would not waste the time
    foolingwith it...too many proprierty parts....
    they have you at their mercy...

how old is the unit>>>>
  3. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

It can be done, IF they will tell you what kind of media was used, most likely carbon.

If it is the normal culligan tank, it is a bit of a pain in the rear to empty and change but it can be done. Filling will not be an easy task... with that little 1/2" hole....

Does the whole control set on the tank? or are there like two legs that are between the tank and the control?
  4. dargo

dargo New Member

I would ditch it and buy something else.
  5. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

I did forget to ask...

Who is saying that the unit needs to be Re-Bedded?

Culligan?
  6. ditch it

ditch it like the guy says