How do I install a toilet to this?... Lead bend no flange

Users who are viewing this thread

wang168

Reaction score
Replacing an old toilet, to to find there's no normal flange. The previous owner just attached it with a bolt as shown in pictures. I mean there was no leaks or anything. How do I attach my new toilet to this? . It's a cement floor. https://imgur.com/QNR5Gjs

Widgit Maker

Reaction score
Flange.jpg
How do I attach my new toilet to this?
You put another brass toilet bolt on the other side, just like the one you have, put in a wax ring and set the toilet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The opening is there as indicated in #2, just flake off any rust and debris with a chisel and it will show.

If there really is no opening for you to insert the flange bolt, then use anything to open it up, dremel or grinder.

wang168

Reaction score
The opening is there as indicated in #2, just flake off any rust and debris with a chisel and it will show.

If there really is no opening for you to insert the flange bolt, then use anything to open it up, dremel or grinder.
I have no problem inserting the flange bolt just that the bolt would have to sit in the middle of the openings (shown in pic) to mount the toilet I'm these. I guess I could hold the bolt in place with a nut first , then mount the toilet.

wang168

Reaction score

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Where the bolt is, is immaterial as long as the head is underneath. It CANNOT "slip out", but use a second nut and washer to hold it in place anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks