How do I identify this faucet?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by hans_idle, Oct 15, 2008.

1. hans_idle

hans_idle New Member

This is the faucet in my kitchen. It drips, so I'm thinking it needs a new cartridge. The problem is that I have NO idea what brand it is. There is no name on it anywhere. It looks like I'll need one of those vendor-specific wrenches to remove the cartridge. So short of taking the whole faucet out and taking it to a plumbing store, how do I identify it so I can get the right wrench?

Attached Files:

2. Cass

Cass Plumber

does the sprayer weigh a 100#s...is it very heavy?
  3. Cass

Cass Plumber

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  4. hans_idle

hans_idle New Member

The sprayer isn't that heavy (doesn't feel like solid brass).

In addition, the flexible braided hoses underneath the faucet are permanently affixed to the faucet. By that I mean I can't replace the braided hoses underneath because they don't come off. They have the standard threaded end to hook to the supply, but the other end is permanently attached to the faucet body.

The link you provided DOES look a lot like this one, but I'm starting to think that my faucet is a "generic" low end faucet. It doesn't seem well put together. But I could be wrong. The one in the link looks a bit nicer in quality.
  5. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Kohler I believe.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

You might check the Home Depot displays. It is not Kohler or that Cucina because they do not have the "bulge" in the spout near the body.
  7. msgale

msgale New Member

why not justs put a big hex wrench on the visible hex fitting...

on top of the faucet? you may be able to easily remove the cartridge that way
  8. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Concinnity it's a paperweight!

I believe Alfano carries the cartridge but other than that it's history!
  9. rszeller

rszeller New Member

Widespread Lav Faucet identification

two.jpg one.jpg

Any one know the maker of this wide spread Lav faucet?? Customer bought it w/o the water connection tubings...
  10. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Looks like it may be from the Price Pfister butt ugly series
  11. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Pfister does not use that style of locking nut, but Danze and Kohler, among others, do.