how do I get to my foot valve?

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by Mick, May 18, 2008.

1. Mick

Mick New Member

I have a problem with my foot valve. At least that is what I was told to look at. I have 1.5 hp jet pump, I removed that and am looking down a 2" pipe with a flashlight. I took a tape measure and hit water at 18'. I do not see anything to grab a hold of but their is definatley something there. The guy at the store told me I should be able to grab ahold of a smaller size pipe and pull it right out well point and foot valve attached. Do you have any answers for me??

Thanks Mick
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Mick, wouldn't this question fit better in the Well and Pump section of the forum?
  3. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

If you took an elbow off the top of the well to remove the pump, you won't have any droppipe or a footvalve. There may be a Bremer Check Valve at the bottom, but you don't want to remove that. If there were a Bremer in the well, it should still be full of water.

I assume you have a check valve in the pipe between the top of the well and the pump. Right?

bob...