How do I finish disassembly of this Price Pfister faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

sc.homeowner

Reaction score
This is a 15 year old faucet that started leaking just last week. I found a new cartridge that fits but cannot see how to get it out. Got the handle and cap off without a problem. Looks like some sort of special tool is needed?

image.jpg

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Got anything that looks like this?:
plumber_sockets.jpg

I'll be one of those hex sockets will fit in that 12-point recess so you can unscrew
the retainer.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
THere MAY be one, but I have never heard of it. Usually, you just grasp the top of the ring, gently so you don't squeeze it, and the unscrew it.

sc.homeowner

Reaction score
kreemoweet's answer worked. Picked up a set of those sockets online this morning for 8.79 +tax. The 27/32" fit inside nice and snug. Disassembled, cleaned it up and reassembled in about 15 min. Total cost with the new cartridge and sockets = < $20.00. Thanks kreemoweet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks