How do I find out what faucet I have?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by newownerkl, Oct 23, 2010.

1. newownerkl

newownerkl New Member

My husband and I recently purchased a home with a very lovely faucet, however, it appears that some of the finish is coming off of the sprayer. I would like to just replace this part if possible, but I have no idea what brand/model the faucet is. Anyone know the easiest way to figure that out? I have attached a couple of pictures just in case anyone knows off the top of their head...

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Unfortunately, that design is coming very common as are the color coded hoses, so the only good identification features are the unique head on the pull down hose and the shape of the handle. You might take the pictures in to some specialty faucet stores in your area to see if they can identify them. If you can, then the company may have a lifetime warranty and if so will replace the parts. I will take them in to my supplier Monday and see if they can identify them.
  3. newownerkl

newownerkl New Member

Thank you so much. I will look forward to hearing back if they could identify it and I will definitely look into taking it in somewhere close to where I am.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

20 years ago, a plumber could take one look at a faucet an know instantly what it was. There were only so many different brands and models, and after several years, you had "seen it all"

These days, there are a hundred brands no one ever heard of, many brands feel they need a new line of models twice a year, and many of the internal parts are from the same chinese factory, so it has become very difficult to know what is what.
  5. David Scott

David Scott New Member

Looking at the control and the supply lines I would think that it is a Price Pfister. They have a lifetime warranty.
  6. hj

The consensus seems to be that it is the Price Pfister "Bock" line, which was their "high end" line and has been discontinued. A call to 1-800-PFAUCET "might" get you a new part or a new faucet. They would ask for a picture of the faucet so they could determine if it is theirs or not, and whether the defect was covered by the warranty.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  7. newownerkl

newownerkl New Member

thanks!

I just spoke with a rep at price pfister and they found my part and are shipping it to me for only the cost of shipping! Thank you so much!
  8. hj

Surprised they still had it. Usually, when something is out of production, the parts are also and they just send a comparable faucet.