How do I extend my faucet flex supply lines?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Scott_V, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Scott_V

Scott_V New Member

I miscalculated and placed my angle valves too low and now the faucet supply lines won't reach....shoulda bought the faucet first. Can I buy supply line extensions? If not I guess my choices are to remove the compression angle valves, elbow the copper up a few inches....don't wanna do this now, looking for a quick fix.

Maybe supply extensions are not available? Maybe I just need to find a female-female coupling and add on another short supply line.

This hack needs help :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2012
  2. kreemoweet

kreemoweet New Member

Why in the world would you think you need to remove the valves? Why can't you just get a longer supply line? Do you have a faucet
    with integral supply lines? If so, just get some more lines that match the valve outlet and whatever's on the end of the faucet line.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

You buy two 3/8"x3/8" compression couplings, and two 3/8"x3/8"x12" or or longer, depending on what they have, braided stainless steel hoses.
  4. Scott_V

Scott_V New Member

Would you mind posting a picture of the 3/8" x 3/8" compression couplings you refer to? The end of the braided hose comming off the faucet has a 3/8" female fitting with a rubber washer....doesn't sound like a compressing fitting to me. Thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2012
  5. kreemoweet

kreemoweet New Member

The threads of the nut at the end of the faucet supply line are meant to attach to a 3/8" male compression fitting, as is found on the vast majority of
    supply valve outlets used today in the U.S. The fitting HJ mentioned is just a chunk of brass with a male 3/8" fitting at each end.
  6. Scott_V

Scott_V New Member

Understood.....already picked up the piece parts at the local hardware. Easy fix.....after you've done it once :)

Thanks for the help folks....