How do I extend my faucet flex supply lines?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Scott_V, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Scott_V

Scott_V New Member

I miscalculated and placed my angle valves too low and now the faucet supply lines won't reach....shoulda bought the faucet first. Can I buy supply line extensions? If not I guess my choices are to remove the compression angle valves, elbow the copper up a few inches....don't wanna do this now, looking for a quick fix.

Maybe supply extensions are not available? Maybe I just need to find a female-female coupling and add on another short supply line.

This hack needs help :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2012
  2. kreemoweet

kreemoweet Member

Why in the world would you think you need to remove the valves? Why can't you just get a longer supply line? Do you have a faucet
    with integral supply lines? If so, just get some more lines that match the valve outlet and whatever's on the end of the faucet line.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    You buy two 3/8"x3/8" compression couplings, and two 3/8"x3/8"x12" or or longer, depending on what they have, braided stainless steel hoses.

5. Scott_V

Scott_V New Member

Would you mind posting a picture of the 3/8" x 3/8" compression couplings you refer to? The end of the braided hose comming off the faucet has a 3/8" female fitting with a rubber washer....doesn't sound like a compressing fitting to me. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2012
  6. kreemoweet

kreemoweet Member

The threads of the nut at the end of the faucet supply line are meant to attach to a 3/8" male compression fitting, as is found on the vast majority of
    supply valve outlets used today in the U.S. The fitting HJ mentioned is just a chunk of brass with a male 3/8" fitting at each end.

7. Scott_V

Scott_V New Member

Understood.....already picked up the piece parts at the local hardware. Easy fix.....after you've done it once :)

Thanks for the help folks....