How can I vent a bathroom exhaust fan out of the window without it looking hideous?

Users who are viewing this thread

mizrachi

Reaction score
I can not break the outer wall. I must vent thru the window.

I'm considering either an in-window fan, like this one, but am unsure how to run power to the fan while still allowing the window to operate, or a traditional ceiling fan, running the duct work above the ceiling and out the window, but I can't imagine an attractive way to pull this off.

Again, I'd like full functionality of my window and have it look good.

mizrachi

Reaction score
...or I could simply insert the thru-window fan linked above through a cut-away section of window pane but I'm still unsure how I can power the fan while being able to open and close the window.

mizrachi

Reaction score
This is for a year round application. If the thru-window fan could be powered while still allowing use of the window, that would be best. I'm hesitant to eliminate the use of my window for a number of reasons, hence the difficulty figuring this out. If i decide to seal the window permenantly, I can install and power the fan fairly easily. This is my dilemma.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks