How can I tell if my Toto Eco Drake is Sanagloss?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by yam, Jul 6, 2011.

1. yam

yam New Member

How can I tell if a Toto Eco Drake is a Sanagloss model?

I ordered a couple of Toto Eco Drake toilets with Sanagloss white finish. My plumber picked them up at the store's warehouse and installed them while I was offsite. Both are white, identical, except one has a "sanagloss" badge near the Toto logo and the other doesn't. How can I tell if the unbadged unit is Sanagloss or not?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The badges can peel off.
    The boxes would have been marked as having Sanagloss, but those are now gone?

The finish on the Sanagloss will look shiny compared to the standard finish.
    The Sanagloss is only inside the bowl.
  3. yam

yam New Member

Thanks Terry. Yes, the boxes are gone. I'll look in both bowls tonight and see if I can tell any difference in the finish between the badged sanagloss and the unbadged one. Is the difference in finish likely to be noticeable?
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

ONe supply house has a display and tells the plumber to use a pencil on the Sani-Gloss and regular finishes. The Sani Gloss either does not mark or it rubs off. (Of course, they may have an inferior finish on the non SaniGloss enamel to prove a point, however.)
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

hj, there are plenty of brands with the "inferior" finish being sold. It's nice to have the option of a nicer finish.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014