How can I tell if my Toto Eco Drake is CEFIONTECT?

Users who are viewing this thread

yam

Reaction score
How can I tell if a Toto Eco Drake is a CEFIONTECT model?

I ordered a couple of Toto Eco Drake toilets with CEFIONTECT white finish. My plumber picked them up at the store's warehouse and installed them while I was offsite. Both are white, identical, except one has a "CEFIONTECT" badge near the Toto logo and the other doesn't. How can I tell if the unbadged unit is CEFIONTECT or not?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The badges can peel off.
The boxes would have been marked as having CEFIONTECT, but those are now gone?

The finish on the CEFIONTECT will look shiny compared to the standard finish.
The CEFIONTECT is only inside the bowl.

yam

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. Yes, the boxes are gone. I'll look in both bowls tonight and see if I can tell any difference in the finish between the badged CEFIONTECT and the unbadged one. Is the difference in finish likely to be noticeable?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ONe supply house has a display and tells the plumber to use a pencil on the Sani-Gloss and regular finishes. The Sani Gloss either does not mark or it rubs off. (Of course, they may have an inferior finish on the non SaniGloss enamel to prove a point, however.)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
hj, there are plenty of brands with the "inferior" finish being sold. It's nice to have the option of a nicer finish.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks