How can I cap a rough-in toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by DAVE ERICKSON, Jun 15, 2005.

1. DAVE ERICKSON

DAVE ERICKSON New Member

I want to cap my roughed in toilet in my basement with something besides a rag. This would have been a good place to use a popout flange, but whoever plumbed it just used a standard one. It is a 3-1/2" diameter hole.

Thanks
  2. grace under pressure

grace under pressure New Member

Rummage in the kitchen?

Would some type of tupperware lid fit over the flange? I find kitchen gadgets are sometimes suited as renovation tools.

Good luck,

Grace
  3. RioHyde

RioHyde Plumber

You can get a mechanical plug at a plumbing supply house. These look a bit like a rubber cone with a large washer and a wingnut on top. Slide the plug into the opening, tighten the wingnut and you've got it sealed.

Attached Files:

4. King3244

King3244 New Member

Can't beat duct tape. Cheap and easy and now available in designer colors. :D
  5. jimmie

jimmie New Member

my favorites always been dunkin donuts cups...the large sizefits perfect in a flange opening..