How bad did I do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jon Haines

Reaction score
I've lurked on these forums before and found tons of great advice, so I thought i'd ask this here.

Recently had a sprinkler problem, one of the valves wasn't closing so a zone would just spray forever. Shut off the water and call my normal sprinkler guy, he's booked up until December. I get referred to another guy who tells me its a $60 dollar arrival fee plus $80 an hour. I'm not happy about that but i'm in a bind so I agree.

Guy shows up and does the work but turns out the backflow valve is also bad. I look it up online, its a $200 dollar part, i'm paying what I consider to be premium rate for the work so I say sure.

I get charged $400 for the part.

So at $60 to show up, $80 an hour AND a 100% markup on a $200 dollar part, how bad did I do? I'm feeling kind of gouged.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
DEpending on WHICH backflow it is, $400.00 may NOT be a bargain. Cannot say for sure you were "gounged" because we do not know all the facts, but you are coming close to it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks