Houseboat holding tank how to tap into

Users who are viewing this thread

Rickhise

Reaction score
Our House Boat has a holding tank for the commode only, I replaced a straight drop commode unit with house hold commode. Vent is fine, flushing is fine, a lot less odor, but now I need to expand my holding capacity due to the extra water used when I flush.

One of my option is to add a second tank tie the 2 together, here is my question IM told most holding tanks have a access hole on the side near the bottom to add the second tank, mine doesn't. So is there device I can run a 2" pvc pipe into the existing the old tank which it is a heavy plastic tank, connect it to the new tank.

my present tank when pumped out is roughly 75 gallons Id like to add a second tank to increase it to 150 gallons total holding... Is there a fittting for this?

If u are still reading would the second tank need to be vented also, they would sit side by side seperated by 12/18 inches apart.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks