Hot water zone Valve

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by garyw, Oct 10, 2008.

1. garyw

garyw New Member

I have hot water baseboard heat that is about 34 years old. There are four Honeywell V8043E1061 24V 2-Position Sweat Zone Valves. I have changed a few of the motors but I am not sure that they are working as good as they should. My question is: What is the normal life of these valves and if I was to replace them would you use the same model or is there a netter choice?
    Thank you
    GaryW
  2. sibi1972

sibi1972 New Member

Gary,

I'm sort of the ain't broke, don't fix it kind of guy.

Four zone valves 34 years old. OK. So buy a couple (Honeywell seem good) and have them handy if something goes real bad.

If it was me, I'd be happy to be able to brag that zone valves lasted that long.

But who knows that a some point you don't decide to scrap that system for something newer and more efficient and that would be a fair time to retire those guys.

Until then and as long as they ARE working correctly, you sound OK to me.

Sibi
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  3. geno54

geno54 New Member

My experience is either they work or don't work. You need not unsweat the whole body just change the power head. If the old style you have to dump the water to change, new style not necessary.
  4. garyw

garyw New Member

Honeywell zone valve

Where ca I find replacement heads? I checked locally and have not been able to locate them.
    Gary
  5. garyw

garyw New Member

I was thinking about having someone come out to give me an idea of what a new system would cost. Do you know how the system could be improved?
  6. sibi1972

sibi1972 New Member

Gary,

A new system? That's a entire NEW QUESTION for you to ask.

I cannot advise you about that as I have myself in enough hot water with the job I'm currently doing.

Sibi
  7. geno54

geno54 New Member

It's time to call in a Pro to analyze your system