Hot water zone Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

garyw

Reaction score
I have hot water baseboard heat that is about 34 years old. There are four Honeywell V8043E1061 24V 2-Position Sweat Zone Valves. I have changed a few of the motors but I am not sure that they are working as good as they should. My question is: What is the normal life of these valves and if I was to replace them would you use the same model or is there a netter choice?
Thank you
GaryW

sibi1972

Reaction score
Gary,

I'm sort of the ain't broke, don't fix it kind of guy.

Four zone valves 34 years old. OK. So buy a couple (Honeywell seem good) and have them handy if something goes real bad.

If it was me, I'd be happy to be able to brag that zone valves lasted that long.

But who knows that a some point you don't decide to scrap that system for something newer and more efficient and that would be a fair time to retire those guys.

Until then and as long as they ARE working correctly, you sound OK to me.

Sibi

Last edited:

geno54

Reaction score
My experience is either they work or don't work. You need not unsweat the whole body just change the power head. If the old style you have to dump the water to change, new style not necessary.

garyw

Reaction score
Honeywell zone valve

Where ca I find replacement heads? I checked locally and have not been able to locate them.
Gary

garyw

Reaction score
I was thinking about having someone come out to give me an idea of what a new system would cost. Do you know how the system could be improved?

sibi1972

Reaction score
Gary,

A new system? That's a entire NEW QUESTION for you to ask.

I cannot advise you about that as I have myself in enough hot water with the job I'm currently doing.

Sibi

geno54

Reaction score
I was thinking about having someone come out to give me an idea of what a new system would cost. Do you know how the system could be improved?

It's time to call in a Pro to analyze your system

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks