Hot Water Temperature loss

Users who are viewing this thread

drewdog365

Reaction score
We've recently moved into a house, and noticed the hot water temperature in our Master Bath never gets over lukewarm from the sink or the shower.

My hot water tank is located in our garage, and has a laundry sink next to it. The hot water is scalding in the sink. Our pipes are run in the attic, and out of the tank it runs to our kitchen. Line is hot to the touch there, and hot out of the kitchen sink. THere it splits (in the attic) and runs to the Master Bath.

I don't see a valve anywhere, but after that junction above the kitchen, the line back to bath is lukewarm to the touch.

Any idea why that might be? I've ran the sink and shower for 5+ minutes on Hot only, and it never gets over lukewarm. But the kitchen sink gets hot in 10 seconds.

HELP!

drewdog365

Reaction score
Worked on the other bathroom today and got the sink running. Same problem there. Both are downstream from the kitchen sink on the hot water line. Any other ideas?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some single handle faucets can end up crossing over the hot and cold internally, and that could be the issue. If you have any of those on a sink where you have shutoff valves underneath, you can try shutting the cold inlet to that sink and then try the affected ones to see if they now get hotter. If that does fix it, it's time for a new cartridge at the one that caused the problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks