Hot water tank warrenty

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Someone installed this tank. Top was melting due to the 5 inch vent. Would this still be under warrenty being installed like this. It's a 2012. Was leaking.

Attachments

• 20150910_135630.jpg
    20150910_135630.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 94

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
One has to go through the hoops to get a warranty claim fulfilled by water heater manufacturers, and when they do, the warranty covers no labor.

In your case, if they ever send a rep to inspect, they will most likely find a way to deny or prolong the claim till you quit. Is the installation faulty? hard to see in the fuzzy pic.

The best way to get anywhere with a WH mfg or a big box store where you bought it, is to be persistent, like a pest and never quit, while you have no hot water. Most consumers are not willing to put up the fight, they just say "we'll never buy brand xx again", go out and replace it with brand yy.

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
A water heater manufacturer is in no way responsible for problems caused by improper installation. In your photo, the vent
pipe, aside from being the incorrect size, does not even appear to be attached to the vent hood. The jokes's on you, my friend.

And just what exactly was "melting"? I've never seen a gas-fired water heater whose top was not just about all metal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks