Hot Water Tank replaced today

Users who are viewing this thread

spepi

Reaction score
My Hotwater heater was replaced today and now when the heat comes on, the pipes bang. All radiators in the house make a racket. They did not make this kind of noise before the replacement.

Any ideas, tips, tricks will be helpful

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is this an indirect hot water tank, or a "normal" one with its own heater?

You indicated that the radiators were knocking...or is it the pipes in the wall that run to the faucets?

Did they install heat traps on the in/outlets of the new tank?

What do you have the thermostat on the heater set to?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
bang

How does the heating system interface with the water heater? If the water heater feeds the heating system then the pipes probably have air from being disconnected and require purging. If the boiler and water heater are two separate units, then there is probably no correlation between the noise and the new water heater.

spepi

Reaction score
To answer both ??'s.
Seperate from furnace.
Hotwater tank is Hotwater Heater its one unit
Pipes bang in the walls, its not the water pipes. When I go to the basement, I can feel the heating pipes that feed the radiators.
I do beleive there is air in there somewhere. Radiators have pressure release things hanging off the sides, but dont know if this is where the fix would be.
Heat is set to 67 at night and 68 during the day

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
banging

Those are air vents not pressure relief things, so you must have steam heat. About the only relationship between the new heater and the heating system would be if the boiler flooded and you have water in the pipes. That is assuming it is a steam system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks