hot water tank overflow

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by kevneary, Jan 19, 2006.

1. kevneary

kevneary New Member

I had my hot water tank replaced a year ago and for the last couple of months I keep hearing burping come from the tank. The overflow is causing the noise and I have to keep emptying the bucket because it will over flow itself. How can this be fixed ?????? THANK YOU

Kevin

2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Most likely a pressure problem. 1) the pressure in your house might be high and 2) regardless of your house pressure, it is likely you need an expansion tank installed on the cold water inlet pipe.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement