Hot Water Problem!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

BostonSweetLou

Reaction score
Ok I will make this simple for now.

Everything was working well before xmas but I just got back (take note I did have one roommate who was home and used water regularly through the days) and the water going to the bathtub/shower ONLY does not get hot enough anymore. I tried all other facetts and water gets plenty hot but for some reason only to this facett it does not get hot. The handle for the tub is a mixed water type (hot and cold are NOT seperate). I took of the face and tried to turn up the hot water side and turn down the cold water side but nothing. If I turned the cold water down too far the water basically turned off (very little HOT water would come out). Does this sound like some sort of clog in just this one hot water pipe? The pipe feels hot and the cold water pipe does feel pretty cool...

HELP

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like the pressure balancing spool on your faucet has gone bad.What type of faucet is it? You most likely only need to change the cartridge and it should fix the shower.
Cal

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks