Hot water in Shower only after briefly turning on Kitchen faucet hot

Users who are viewing this thread

sspin

Reaction score
Hi,

I just had some remodeling done, moving a bathroom and leaving an existing bathroom as it was. I also just moved into this house, so don't have a lot of history.
I have a Amtrol indirect fired hot water tank with Gas fired boiler/furnace. The Hot water tank is working as it should. The water is hot.

All hot water in the house is on a single line from the hot water tank. It runs from the tank, to the kitchen faucet, dishwasher, to bathroom #1 to bathroom #2. Bathroom number #1 is still the original plumbing. Bathroom #2's plumbing was moved from 1 side of the house, to the other.
Also, I just replaced the kitchen faucet from a standard single spout moen to a single spout Delta (touch), but plumbing was not changed there.

Now, in the morning, the hot water in bathroom #1 (both shower and sink faucet) is only luke warm.
If I go the kitchen sink, the water is Hot as it should be.
If I turn the Hot water on at the kitchen briefly, the water in bathroom #1 immediately gets HOT too.
Note, the kitchen faucet does not need to stay running Hot for bathroom #1 to get hot. Only turning it on briefly does it.
This scenario is somewhat random, so it is hard to diagnose.

Although I can not confirm, I expect that bathroom #2 will exhibit the same symptoms, but I have not been able to verify yet.

Water pressure is fine everywhere.

Is it possible that there is a vapor lock somewhere and briefly turning on the kitchen faucet clears it?
Thanks a lot

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks