Hot water in bathroom but not kitchen???

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by lien, Jun 18, 2007.

1. lien

lien New Member

I turned off the main water line to the house to solder new shower faucet and handle set (main bathroom complete reno). After I did this I turned the water back on and now only have luke warm water in the kitchen, but I have very hot water in the ensuite bathroom?
    Could it be the anti scald device in the new handle set? Maybe something else? The kitchen faucet is down stream of the new bathroom handle and faucet set if that makes any difference?????

Any idea's I am totally lost????????????

Thanks!!!!
  2. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Remove the (Kitchen faucet) HW valve or catridge and flush out the line. If that doesn't work, do the same thing with the HW stop valve.
  3. lien

lien New Member

Thanks I will try that! The kitchen still has good pressure though???
  4. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

If the kitchen faucet (both hot and cold) has lower pressure, remove the aerator and clean the gunk out of it.