Hot Water Heater

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by lucasm1, Oct 14, 2012.

1. lucasm1

lucasm1 New Member

I have a hot water heater (electric) where the water stinks. The cold water side is fine .I have had a sulfur water problem in the past. When I run the water on the hot water side and the water heater is turned off at the box the water is ok. Its when the heater is turned on that the water stinks. Could it be the heating elements or the anode rod?
  2. lordbaron

lordbaron New Member

Most likely it's the anode rod. If the heater is over 5 years old that it most likely the problem. See this a lot when a house is on well water or the water in the heater hasn't been used in awhile. I would suggest having someone come out and replace the anode rod and flush the tank.

Baron Sherrill
    Master Plumber