Hot water dispenser help

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by lati_cz, Jan 20, 2013.

1. lati_cz

lati_cz New Member

I have Insinkerator instant water dispenser, the faucet broke and new one is expensive. Friend gave my one, but it's different brand. Mine faucet has a 4 lines, his only 3. I have extra line - vent line on dispenser. What purpose has a vent line? Is there any way to install it so it works? Thank you. Michal
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

It vents the steam created when the water is heated. I would not install it if it were I. The other three lines are cold water into the faucet, cold water down to the tank, and hot water out of the tank to the faucet. How old is the unit?
  3. lati_cz

lati_cz New Member

I am not sure how old is it, it came with the house. I thought it drains a steam so I dumped it directly into drain, but water runs from it. I'll check the unit, could be broken. Thank you, Michal