hot cold reversed? single back and forth handle in kitchen

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by 68malibu383, Nov 12, 2010.

1. 68malibu383

68malibu383 New Member

Hi,
    This is a faucet with a single arm on the side of the fixture that you tilt downward at about a 45 degree angle to get water to flow. Then push it back (counterclockwise) and forward for hot and cold. I think hot should be on when pushing handle back (counterclockwise). Is this correct, or should hot be forward? Thank you!
  2. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

If we knew the brand and model we could answer the question easier
  3. Cookie

Cookie .

Hot is back or to the left.

If you would like to fix the problem go underneath your sink, turn the 2 valves to the off position, turn on the faucet and make sure the water is off, take the 2 supply lines and switch them from whatever they are connected to to the opposite one as long as they will reach. If the supply lines are not flexible, I would suggest that you go to a big box store and buy 2 flexible supply lines and replace what is there with the new lines. This is something that is taught in first year plumbing school. Have a nice day. :)
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  4. 68malibu383

68malibu383 New Member

Thanks. I'll get it right.
  5. Cookie

Cookie .

Please drop 150.00 in the mail for me. lol Thank you. ;)
    Once you become a regular customer you will get a 25% discount off of my regular prices.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

45 degrees downward, back, counterclockwise, and forward may mean something to you, but I cannot figure out where the handle is located on the faucet, or which way the handle is moving. Often with single handle faucets it is just a matter of rotating something 180 degrees to change the orientation of hot or cold.
  7. Cookie

Cookie .

I understand that about Moens but what other ones can that be done with?

8. Basement_Lurker

Basement_Lurker One who lurks

Moen and Delta single cartridge units can reverse their intakes. I only install the occasional american standard faucet or p.i.a. grohe, but I think they can as well.
  9. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Delta kitchen faucets do not reverse, but some versions of Grohe, and those that use a "tubular core" do.