Hot/Cold Reversed on Moen Single Handle Shower Knob

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by sixgun95, Apr 15, 2012.

1. sixgun95

sixgun95 New Member

Had a plumber come by yesterday and he installed a new stem. Now the hot/cold is reversed. Really want the hot back on the left side. I read here that all you do is remove the handle and turn the stem 180 degrees? How do you turn the stem? Does it matter if I turn it clockwise or counterclockwise?
  2. Hackney plumbing

Hackney plumbing Homeowner

yes remove the handle and turn 180 degrees with some pliers. Turn it either direction. You do not have to turn the water off. It is simple...dont try to make it hard.
  3. sixgun95

sixgun95 New Member

Got it, thks.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Depending on the valve, you either turn the stem or the entire cartridge. If you pull the handle to turn it on, then you rotate the stem. If you turn the handle to start the flow, then you have to extract the cartridge and turn the entire thing 180 degrees.
  5. sixgun95

sixgun95 New Member

Just turning the stem did it, thanks.
  6. gere

gere New Member

Thank you so very much. Husband & I followed your advice and in a few seconds it was fixed. Didn't want to bother the plumber for such a small matter! This is my first time on this site and my compliments.

gere