Hot and Cold Reversed on Kohler Faucet?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by alison13, May 9, 2006.

1. alison13

alison13 New Member

Hello,
    We recently moved into a 1941 home that had a three handled shower faucet. Soon after moving in we started to expereince problems (center handle no longer would turn bath to shower, etc.) plus noticed serious fluctuations in water temperature mostly getting scolded as well as pressure. My husband picked out a single handled Kohler faucet (model K-T10276) and had a plumber replace the old one (after teraing out a good bit of tile. We have galvanized pipes in the house so they had to tie in to copper on the new fixture. After getting it all in place and getting the tile repaired, we turned the water on to realize that the hot and cold are reversed (move the handle up-clockwise toward the hot and get cold, down and get hot).
    Is this a serious fix or something simple? The plumbing company we dealt with has been horrible to deal with plus we feel like we got gouged. Please help as we have been without this shower/bath for almost two months.
    Thanks.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

One of the pros will probably know for sure, but on some brands/models, that can happen if the cartridge is installed backwards. Course, they could have installed the thing upside down, too (if the hot/cold worked properly with the hot on the left, it is probably the install). It may be a 5-minute fix if you are lucky.