Hose Bib - Slow to Flow

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by keithplumb, Oct 27, 2009.

1. keithplumb

keithplumb New Member

I moved into a house built in 1997 and one of the annoying things was a hose bib off my garage that would sometimes turn on when the water turned on, and sometimes you would have to wait a few seconds to a few minutes for the water to flow.

This and a little drip annoyed my, so I ripped out the old one and of course decided to upgrade the ball valve back in the garage to a quarter turn and redid everything. All new hardware so I figured this issue along with a few drips would be fixed. Well the drips were fixed but not the "slow to flow" issue. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? I searched the forum to no avail.
  2. Lakee911

Lakee911 I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)

Are you on a well? If so, any chance air is getting in the line and ending up there?
  3. keithplumb

keithplumb New Member

Just on a municipal water supply. Never had it happen anywhere else in the house or outside the house, just this one spot.