Horizontal vs Vertical HWH

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by jadnashua, Jul 5, 2006.

1. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I'm looking at indirect hot water tanks. They are available in both horizontal and vertical configurations. Not sure if there is a price difference between the two. Other than size and where you can put them, does anyone know of any pros and cons to one configuration vs the other?

They make both glass-lined and stainless steel versions. I'm leaning towards the SS version (no anode, lifetime warranty). Not sure of the delta, but would like to never have to worry about this again, so am leaning towards the SS version. Again, thoughts?