Hooking up my solar panels to my closed loop geothermal system

Discussion in 'Solar and Geothermal Water Heating Forum' started by Pyrolaser, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Pyrolaser

Pyrolaser New Member

I want to hook up my solar heating panels to my geothermal system. The object being to warm up my underground loop and store the heat for the winter months.

I'm going to need different control valves to run the system only when there's enough heat in the panels.

Can anyone give me the name of a company who makes such controls ?

Thanks
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Delta T is one company which should have a control you can adapt to your needs.
  3. nhmaster3015

nhmaster3015 Master Plumber

Tekmar, Taco, Honeywell. I would go through a separate exchanger first though. Either tank type or plate.
  4. buhrly

buhrly DIY Junior Member

Do you use the GEO for cooling? If so this will effect the effiency on the cooling side.

buhrly
    http://www.metoliusriverplumbing.com/