Honeywell Zone System Damper Question

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by GrantK, Dec 13, 2007.

1. GrantK

GrantK New Member

I have a 3 zone system on a forced air furnace that uses Honeywell spring return damper actuators. (part#M847D1004) When one of the zones call for heat there is a constant tapping noise coming from the damper actuator, you can see the actuator "clicking" as if it's opening too far or going past a stop. Since this system is a ducted sytem you can hear the tapping all the way upstairs, it's not loud but annoying to say the least. Can these actuators be adjusted and if so does anyone know how? Or should I replace it with a new actuator? (part#M847D1012) Replacing it doesn't look too difficult to do, any insight on replacing one would be helpful also!!! Thanks!!!
  2. Chris75

Chris75 Electrician

One of my zone dampers just started doing the same thing you said...
  3. game211

game211 New Member

same problem

I have the same problem what did you guys do to solve it??
  4. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Over time the shaft bearings and the stops wear out. Replace the motor. Follow the instructions, it's a simple jop. don't mix the wires up.