Honeywell Ignition Unit

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by buildit, Dec 8, 2005.

1. buildit

buildit New Member

Dec 8, 2005
    I've contacted Honeywell and asked what ignition model replace's the "R4184D1027" Intermittent Ignition Oil Primary, since this part number is no longer available :rolleyes: . They (Honeywell) beat around the bush and refer me to various heating and a/c contractors in my area. I suppose they think its rocket science to provide a direct answer.

Is there someone out there that can answer this question.?
  2. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

Nov 7, 2005
    Might be a proprietary part.Whats the make and model number of the oil furnace?
    Or maybe its just old and obsolete?
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Architect

Aug 31, 2004
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    When I had to replace the ignition for my last furnace I found out that they will sometimes combine a few models into a newer model that is a replacement for the few older units. A heating supply place should be able to help with a replacement, and I've not had problems in the past buying the parts I need from them.