Honeywell Aquastat & Outdoor Reset Module

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by LMB, Feb 7, 2010.

1. LMB

LMB New Member

Problems with Honeywell Aquastat & Outdoor Reset Module

Installed a Buderus Oil Burner with a Honeywell Aquastat Mod.#L7248C and Honeywell Outdoor Reset Module Mod.#50022037-002/U.
    I'm having problems trying to set the Outdoor reset curve with the Aquastat. The only program I was able to change is the high limit. I only get info on High Limit and currant boiler temp. According to the instruction that came with the Outdoor reset I should be able to change all perameter's thru the the Aquastat (the way I understand) .The instruction from the outdoor reset states for model L7224/L7248 Aquastat.
    Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  2. hillpc

hillpc New Member

I'm having the same problem. The L7248C aquastat doesn't seem to know that the ODR module is connected. Anti-short cycle timer and degrees F/C are the only other adjustable parameters besides high limit that come up.
  3. hillpc

hillpc New Member

power down the aquastat

Today I powered down the boiler for 15 seconds. Then after powering back up I could access the outdoor reset control parameters. I had originally hooked up the ODR without powering down.

Note that with the L7248C aquastat only the high limit, anti-short cycle timer, and degrees F/C are adjustable without the ODR module installed.
  4. technomaze

technomaze New Member

You should turn off your system, wait for let's say 30 to 40 mins and then turn it back on. The system will get reset and then you will be able to access control parameters.