Home Repipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by franktaylor, Feb 2, 2007.

1. franktaylor

franktaylor New Member

Hi all, I found this forum today while looking for plumbing contractors certified to install PEX for a repipe of my home. the phonebook ads for repipe only list copper. I'm hoping there might be a registry or list of PEX qualified plumbers in my area. I live in So. Cal, my zip is 91321, any help is appreciated!!!
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

The California Plumbing Code accepts PEX in broad terms (604.1) , but there are a million "buts.." For example, it is not accepted under the jurisdiction of the State Building Standards Commission, or the Department of Housing and Community Development.
    translation: you need to find out if your local jurisdiction allows PEX.