Home addition with bathroom plumbing sewer line connection issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Iree

Reaction score
I am considering installing a home addition - to the side of the house that would include a two car garage on the ground level with a master bedroom with bathroom above it. Since I do not have a bathroom nearby to tie into the existing plumbing - specifically the sewer system, should I or can i tie into the sewer line outside the house like in my back yard? The sewer line is on the other end of the house where the utility lines - phone, electric, water are.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I am considering installing a home addition - to the side of the house that would include a two car garage on the ground level with a master bedroom with bathroom above it. Since I do not have a bathroom nearby to tie into the existing plumbing - specifically the sewer system, should I or can i tie into the sewer line outside the house like in my back yard? The sewer line is on the other end of the house where the utility lines - phone, electric, water are.

Yes. And it make the most sense too. Just make sure you have the required cleanouts as you put that together.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is not a question of whether you should tie into the existing sewer, it is the ONLY place you can tie into, but one has to question since the sewer is on the other end of the house, HOW are you going to tie into it in the back yard?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks