Hole in steel pipe under tub

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by rpreheim, Jul 8, 2008.

1. rpreheim

rpreheim New Member

I have a 3/8 in hole in the steel elbow right below the tub drain. I know the best is to just replace the elbow but it is really hard to get to and I don't want to replace the whole tub because its a rental property and I don't want to stick much money into it. I can easily see & access the hole right from the tub drain. Is there any way to fill this hole with out replacing the piece?
  2. patrick88

patrick88 Plumber

Fix the drain.
    If you patch it the drain clog and be very hard to clear.
    Do it once the first time and you will have no problems for years